Mental Wellness & High Performance Consulting
Dr. Coleman has over 10 years of experience as a wellness and performance consultant. In that time he has helped many people enhance the quality of their lives and level of performance.
John’s work has contributed to Canadian athletes winning many medals on the international stage, including bringing home 27 medals (12 of them gold) between the Vancouver 2010 and the Sochi 2014 Paralympic Games.
- Lead sport psychology coach with Olympic Biathlon, Paralympic Alpine and Nordic ski teams.
- You do not have to be an athlete to benefit from Dr. Coleman's approach.
- He works with anyone who is willing to participate actively in a treatment plan and is limited in progress by a psychological barrier.
I am a wellness and performance consultant with an expanded vision for my clients. I believe that everyone has the capacity to live a life of health, happiness, meaning, and peak performance.
My intention is to work myself out of a job. Through my research, professional experience, and personal life I have learned that real change only comes from the individual ready to do the work themselves. My approach is straightforward, relevant, and results-based to inform, support and challenge the individual ready to create a momentum of health.
Through proven methods that blend empirical knowledge and intuitive insights I use practical tools, activities, and exercises informed by Eastern performance psychology and Western meditation concepts to help people align their mind and body to take steps towards unleashing their full potential. The four main pillars I work with include:
Performance enhancement: for people with things going well and are ready to create new goals and strive to expand their abilities
Solving Dysfunction: for people struggling with certain areas of their life and performance
Healing Impairment: for people recovering from injury, illness, or held hostage by unhealthy habits
Supporting Transition: for people ready or forced to make big changes in their life. (i.e injury, retiring, being fired, ending a romantic relationship etc)
Cultivate a Strong Mind Capable of:
- Energy Management: Relaxation, emotional control
- Focus/Concentration endurance
- Goal Setting
- Connection with personal power/motivation
- Clarity of self worth and purpose
- Performing under pressure and on demand