3D Gait Analysis
3D Gait Analysis is an innovative health solution helping prevent and treat running and walking injuries.
Based on 9 years of research and development by Athletic Therapist, Dr Reed Ferber, 3D Gait uses the world’s largest database of 3-dimensional biomechanical walking and running data.
Your data is compared to the 3D biomechanical database, helping the Clinician determine the root cause of a musculoskeletal injury and prepare a personalized 3D Gait Biomechanical Report.
You will have reflective markers identifying their pelvis, hips, knees and ankles. They will walk and/or run on the treadmill for a short time (approximately 5 minutes), while 3 cameras capture your movement patterns in all 3 dimensions.
The gait analysis will take a very accurate picture of 17 gait variables. We use this information to educate about gait style, imbalances from left to right, and hopefully be able to prescribe corrective exercises to address any biomechanical findings.
You may pay for each appt separately, as it may be more beneficial to your insurance policy.
It can be billed under Athletic Therapy
Book 2 Appointments, preferably at least 2 days apart. In extreme cases (Eg. you are from out of town) it can be done in 1 day.
Day 1: Gait Analysis
- Allow 1 hour, but it is a service based appointment, rather than time-based
Day 2: Interpretation
- 30 minute appointment to interpret results and give client corrective exercises.
Preparation for your analysis:
- Know your shoe size and record it with the appointment info (so I can prepare correct runners ahead of time)
- Wear short shorts! Like running shorts
- Longer shorts drape over the markers
- Long tights are not appropriate as markers need to be on joints
- Avoid reflective clothing