In Clinic Appointment
In Clinic Appointment COVID-19 Protocol
Every single one of us wants to get back to helping people in person but the new normal does have a few rules.
This video walks you through an in-person appointment. If you have any questions or concerns please call us.
In Clinic Appointment
- If you have cold or flu-like symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath), we will not be able to treat you in person; however, we are still able to offer remote, virtual TeleRehab sessions.
- Please call us at 250-478-7227 to book all appointments.
- Please arrive only a few minutes before your appointment.
- You will be asked to undergo a temperature check and screening questionnaire regarding travel and contact with those who may have COVID 19.
- Please bring your own mask. If you do not have one, we have masks available for purchase.
- There is a new “flow” to how we move about the clinic so that distancing is maintained.
- Your therapist will look a bit different as they will have mask, gloves, gown and maybe a face shield (we had shields in place but the Provincial and College COVID guidelines do not require this. Regardless, we have them available).
- Please do not bring family members to your treatment unless they are a caregiver, or you are their caregiver.
- Payments are by VISA, Mastercard or debit. TAP is available. We are not allowed to handle cash or cheques at the moment.
- The washroom is for emergency use only; please plan accordingly.
- We modified our IMS procedures for the COVID situation. Our new table cleaner is tested against COVID wth a 3-4 minute kill time. We are back to "old school" alcohol instead of Stanhexidine for skin cleaner. All the old protocols are still being followed to provide the safest possible IMS experience.
- The TeleRehab platform that many of you experienced will remain in place as we were able to serve many people incredibly well. This will provide an option to connect quickly with people with less wait time. The TeleRehab platform helped people take charge of their health.
Committed to You
We have worked with the Ministry of Health and the City of Langford to ensure optimal safety conditions.
We are taking many more precautions behind the scenes to protect you, our team and our families. Despite all these efforts, the risk of COVID contact will not be zero. If this is a concern to you, the only way to ensure no risk is to stay distanced at home and book a TeleRehab session.
If you are unsure what to do, please call the clinic 250-478-7227 to discuss. For many clients, we have used a “Discovery Call” to talk about your injury and whether telerehab or in-person care is the best option for you.
Thank you all for your patience and for supporting us as a critical resource for the community we love. We have planned our opening for the long haul and are prepared to treat clients in this manner for as long as it takes. Hopefully not much longer!
Your Parkway Team